The Training Unit is a sub-unit of the Human Resources Management Unit whose primary purpose is to lead in the professional development of the Government Human Resources. Our overarching goal and focus is to institutionalize capacity building and skills development to enable a competent workforce for improved Public Service Performance.
There is currently an ongoing plan for the unit to evolve into A Learning and Research Center for the Belize Public Service.
- Develop and administer training programmes for the horizontal and technical grades.
Click here to download our informational guide to learn more about the programmes.
- Coordinate foreign training and scholarships
- Process of Study leave requests
- Process increments for higher qualifications and increments withheld while on study leave
- Process Duty leave request which are treated similarly to Study leave under Regulations 183 (1),
- - Notably foreign travel aspect is approved solely by the Cabinet Secretary.
North Wing, Ground Floor
Sir. Edney Cain Building
Belize. Central America