Human Resource Management Information System
The Human Resource Management Information System (HRMIS) is a component of the Belize Public Sector Reform Strategy and a modernization initiative of the Government of Belize. It facilitates the automation of human resources management activities in an effort to act as a strategic partner in the Ministry of the Finance, Public Service, Energy and Public Utilities. The HRMIS is composed of comprehensive modules, such as, Job and Positions, Employment, Recruitment, Skills, and Training Modules that function to store, maintain and disseminate valuable human resource information. This enhances effective decision making through easier access to human resource information thus developing the management of the Belize Public Service human capital.
The HRMIS is updated with information as transactions are processed making it process-driven and dependable. The Unit acts as a point of reference for all entities within the public service as the system provides a central repository for personnel records. The enforcement of high levels of security measures strengthens the integrity of the information emanating from the HRMIS.
The implementation of the HRMIS fosters information sharing, communication, standardization, reduction in error, increase monitoring and overall synergy among government ministries to assist in developing a responsive public service.
- - Create Jobs and Position on the system
- - Hire and Promote Establish and Temporary Establish officers on the system;
- - Record date of Assumption to Duty, Appointments, Confirmation of Appointment, Acting Appointments and Performance Appraisal Report Ratings
- - Cease salary based on Dismissal, Resignations, Retirement, Death of a Public Officer and Leave Without Pay;
- - Adjust salary on the approval of Increments, Interdiction, Study Leave, Secondment and Re-grading of Post
- - Reinstate full salary based on approval granted
- - Transfer officers from one cost center to another;
- - Record employee skills based on Qualifications documents submitted;
- - Carry out the Re-assignment of Officers’ Salary from one banking institution to another, based on request; and
- - Make change to Marital Status and Officers’ Name, based on request;
North Wing, 1st Floor,
Sir. Edney Cain Building
Belize. Central America